30 December 2014

I Don't "Snow" What To Wear.




Ok ok, not that funny.. But how often do we get to crack snow jokes in Britain? My point exactly. It's not very often we get snow in England and when we do, everybody goes into a panic! It's cold, it's icy..  We want to go out without falling over and freezing but what do we wear? We can't buy new clothes just to be worn 3 days of the year, so here are my top tips on what to wear when "walking in a winter wonderland."

Scarves. I love them! They complete an outfit, adding that perfect pop of colour and guess what? They keep you warm aswell! This gorgeous purple and navy scarf was a Christmas preset off my wonderful boyfriend from Dorothy Perkins, £16 in Black Friday sale, but I have seen similar ones in primark and tesco recently which are probably abit cheaper.


Boots. I'm not one for having my feet covered but at this time of year it is a must! These were £20ish from Tesco last year and they're so comfy and great quality. Plus the colour and style means they're not just for snow, these can be worn all year round when our British summer isn't so sunny!

Layers. Now I love a great big faux fur coat and own a couple, but they're not that cheap and I'm the type of person who likes to whip off my coat and carry it if I get too hot! No one wants to be carrying a huge coat in their arms whilst they're walking! So to beat that winter chill I went back to those days as a child and wore a vest! Not a scruffy old fashioned one but just a normal vest! Then I layered up with a long sleeve tee, my cream knitted jumper, £25 H&M, and this lightweight all year round faux leather jacket also H&M. 

Last but not least what to do with your hair when it's damp, windy and you've hit snooze one to many times on that alarm clock?! Lucky for us tucked in hair is all the rage so give it a brush, wrap around that scarf and you're ready to go! Or go for a slicked back look which is also in fashion, I opted for a French plait on the way home which my cousin ever so kindly did for me.


Hope you're all enjoying winter and I'd love to Snow what you think ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment