6 March 2015

Fun With Feathers.


Once again I want to apologise for the awful quality of these photos, it was late in the evening, it was absolutely hammering it down outside and I had no one home to take a photo, but I loved this outfit so much I just had to share it with you guys.

This outfit was for a girl at works leaving do, we were going for food followed by cocktails so I wanted to be slightly dressed up but not over the top, also I wanted to be dressed for the weather. Now i'm starting to get a little bit sick of going out in jeans but it wasn't really the occasion or weather for a dress so with slacks and flares being back in fashion I decided to just go for it and wear these black wide leg trousers! 

Being small I tend to only wear black bottoms as they elongate and slim the legs, unfortunately black wide leg trousers can look like you've come straight from the office so I needed to make sure I added an element of fun to the outfit, bring on the bag. I mean what screams more fun than a purple feathered clutch? 


I absolutely love this River Island bag, it's so cute and fun whilst still looking classy when worn with the right clothes. Now I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea, I got many comments about it being a furby, stuffed pet, hand warmer etc, so if it's not your sort of thing try dressing up smart outfits with a sequin bag or one with a bold floral print.

My top is just a simple blue sheer one from New Look which I think goes well with the pastel purple colour of the clutch. I kept my top plain as I didn't want to much going on but decided to dress it up slightly with this blue and silver necklace. I tucked the top in so that it gave me some shape as both the top and trousers are loose fitted.

 My hair was curled as not to be affected by the rain too much and I opted for a nude lip, MAC, Yash. I then picked out my plain black barely there sandals to finish off my outfit off as I felt I needed a fun summery looking shoe to dress up the bottom half of my outfit.

---------------------------------------
Top (vest) - Similar here, 7.99
Top (3/4 sleeves) - Similar here, £7
Trousers - Similar here, £35
Clutch - Similar here, £18
Necklace - Similar here, £19
Heels - Similar here, £35
---------------------------------------

I'd love to know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment