30 March 2015

Shopping At The Bullring.


As much as I love to shop in Nottingham it's very much outdoors, not great when its raining, and plus I get a little bored of the shops, so yesterday Freddie and I decided to go to Birmingham for the day and do a spot of shopping in the Bullring.

When it comes to going shopping I want an outfit that's quick and easy to get in and out of and that requires minimal pulling over the head. I also hate getting hot and don't want to be lugging around a jacket with all my shopping bags, luckily most of the shops in Birmingham are all inside the Bullring so I could wear what I wanted despite the horrible wind and rain.


On Saturday whilst doing a food shop in Tesco I came across this lovely simple black dress for just £10. What I love about this dress is that it's short at the front showing off a nice bit of leg but longer at the back so that you don't need to worry about it riding up as you're walking or everyone being able to see up it as you're going up the stairs. Of course I bought it and was desperate to wear it, but I needed to make it weather appropriate so I teamed it with my thigh high boots.

Now this dress isn't fitted at all so requires a belt to give it some shape and for this occasion I decided just a plain black skinny belt would do the trick. Of course that meant the outfit was very much one colour and as much as I love black it needed brightening up so I simply added this gorgeous grey elephant scarf which I think makes the outfit that little bit girlier and also makes it look slightly more summery.

I accessorised with my black H&M hobo bag, silver Marc Jacobs watch, silver bracelets and my engraved silver necklaces from etsy.


--------------------
Dress - Same here, £10
Scarf - Similar here, £6.99
Boots - Same here, £159
Belt - Similar here, £8
Bag - Similar here, £7.99
--------------------

I had a great day shopping in Birmingham and got some wonderful bits which I cant wait to share with you. We finished off our day with a delicious calzone from Pizza Express and just before we left remembered to take some pictures for the blog as we'd just been having too much fun to take them before..

So please excuse the messy, damp hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment