19 March 2015

Sleek Make Up - Summer Ready Skin.


As I've got older my skin has become much clearer, scars I had from my teens have almost vanished and I'm much more confident when it comes to my skin and only wear makeup if  I'm going out. With that said I do still get breakouts occasionally.

I'm sure many of you can agree that with the warmer weather comes clearer skin and the need for foundation lessens. With summer approaching fast I decided I wanted to find a lighter wear foundation that still provided  some coverage, in case of a breakout. I'm pleased to say I found it.

Having olive skin I have always found getting the right foundation very difficult so always stuck to my Rimmel one but it's rather heavy and I was desperate for something lighter. I decided it was time to do a thorough investigation into the foundations available in Boots and was dissapointed by the lack of choices, the darker ones would have left me looking orange whilst the lighter foundations suddenly become very pink. I am so glad Boots now stock Sleek Make-Up.


I've been using the Sleek Make-Up brow palette for several months now and I honestly couldn't live without it, it's amazing. I also own the lip palette which has four gorgeous long lasting and moistursing colours so I decided it was time to buy some more of their products and I'm so glad I did.

The foundations go on brilliantly. They're light, smooth and blend so well, meaning you can highlight and contour without any lines and also mix the two colours to create the perfect shade. This foundation left my skin looking so dewy yet flawless and lasted all day without going greasy. As it isn't very thick the cover obviously is fantastic but it evened out the skin, covered small blemishes and for any imperfections that weren't covered by the foundation I simply used concealer.

After applying my foundation I used the contour kit. Not a lot of powder is needed on the brushes as it's visible almost immediately meaning you don't end up looking caked up and powdery. First I used the darker powder for contouring, it is fairly dark so be careful, for best results I apply my powder last so that my foundation has fully soaked in meaning I don't end up with a dark patch where my brush first touched my face.

Next I highlighted. This powder is almost translucent which is great as it doesn't effect the colour of your foundation, however it does have quite a bit of shine so just a very light dusting will do. I highlight last as I can then dust over the edge of my contouring to create an even more subtle merging and remove any harsh lines.



Sleek Make-Up really is amazing and I can't wait to buy some more of their products. This foundation is definitely my new favourite and I wouldn't be able to live without my brow kit. All their products are at fantastic prices and not only work great but look great too. The "sleek" black packaging is just my style and each foldable piece has it's own mirror! I have been taking my essentials out with me in this gorgeous makeup bag from Next, it's the perfect size and I love the colour.

Have you tried any Sleek products yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment