23 May 2015

Pre-Wedding Pampering.


With a special occasion such as this wedding coming up I've been indulging in lots of pampering to get me feeling and looking my best, so I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to share with you some of my favourite pampering products, both old and new.

------------------------------------------

First of all, leading up to any big occasion my skin is my top priority, so I go to extra lengths to prevent breakouts by drinking more water, eating more fruit and veg and getting more sleep but I also like to give my skin that extra bit of T.L.C.


For me, my skins ultimate savior has been the Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash which has seen my number of breakouts reduce and my skin tone improve, a fantastic product for sensitive skin. To provide my face with a deeper cleanse every other day when using my face wash I use this Massaging Face Brush from Avon which leaves my skin looking brighter and firmer. At the start of the week I like to relax with my Mankua Doctor ApiNourish Rejuvenating Face Mask which helps my skin recover from the weekend, I then use it the day of the event as I can relax with it on for half an hour sknowing it is hydrating my skin, not drying it out. Whilst relaxing with my face mask on I wear my Gel Eye Mask which was just £1 from Primark and makes a nice change from tea bags! This eye mask helps to reduce puffiness and the appearance of dark rings.

------------------------------------------

When it comes to my body, I can't stand having dry skin, unfortunately we all have those problem areas and for me its my knees and feet caused by working with small children and going to the gym. Over the years I have tried lots of different products to get results that last and I now think I've found them.


For my birthday I received my first ever Lush set, which included the incredible Rub, Rub, Rub, Shower Scrub. This product is a fantastic exfoliator that leaves skin feeling soft and refreshed, it also smells amazing! I go on to use my Molton Brown Body Wash, which I am currently using in Pink Pepperpod, followed by the Molton Brown Nourishing Body Lotion, which keeps my skin, including my knees, looking and feeling hydrated all day.


For my feet I purchased The Body Shop's Peppermint Soothing Foot Scrub and Intensive Foot Rescue cream.Though the foot scrub has a brilliant cooling and hydrating feel it doesn't seem to do much, however the Foot Rescue Cream is amazing and I noticed results after just two days! I have used this every day this week and my feet feel fantastic. Of course I will not be using it today as moisturising feet before wearing heels is never a good idea unless you want blisters!

------------------------------------------


Finally, my favourite part of getting ready for a special occasion is painting my nails. Pretty hands are a must  which is why it is so important to make sure your cuticles are pushed back before you paint your nails, you can do this easily and gently using an Orange Stick. For the wedding I am wearing gold jewellery so to get the perfect nail varnish colour I will be applying Revlon Gold Coin first which has great coverage and sparkle, but is a few shades too light, followed by a coat of No7 Hot To Trot, which is dark but not very thick.


I'm now off to apply my face mask and put my feet up before getting ready for the wedding this afternoon.


Have a lovely bank holiday weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment