22 January 2015

Elizabeth Arden All Day Chic.


So I finally got around to using everything in this super gorgeous collection by Elizabeth Arden which I got for Christmas. When on offer, you can pick up this vanity set for £50 when bought with another Elizabeth Arden product, unfortunately when it isn't on offer it will cost you £330! I think its safe to say it's worth waiting until the offers.

However, if you're anything like me and don't like waiting, here is a review of the products so you can pick which ones you really want.

I'll start with the Eye Shadow and Blusher Pallets. I don't really wear eye shadow and I especially don't wear it in bright colours, so you can imagine my shock upon opening the cases and immediately spotting a blue one among the beautiful nudes and pinks, each with just a slight sparkle, but of course I still tried it and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Rather than the bright blue it looks in the case It comes out in more of a silver/gunmetal colour, which actually looks really nice with a bold flick of eyeliner. The blushers are also lovely but have slightly too much sparkle for the day time in my opinion, but look gorgeous in the evening and will be perfect in the day time during summer with a good tan. These Pallets are great and I love the quality.

The Mascara. Not much to say on this product except it's brilliant. Coated my lashes beautifully without any clumps and it remained in place all day with no smudging or crumbling, despite me being at the gym.

Next is the pencils. These Lip and Eyeliners are amazing, they go on perfectly and are long lasting. The first eyeliner is in Gun Metal, which is simply an off black colour and looks great for a daytime look or if you're going to focus on a dramatic lip. The Smokey Black is well, as it says, a black eyeliner that has just the right amount of smudge to create that smokey eye we all love.The first lip pencil is in Sugared Kiss and is a sort of bronze colour and the second, Bare, which is my personal favourite, is a dark nude with a slight dusky rose colouring to it.

For the lips, this set included four Beautiful Colour Moisturising Lipsticks and two Lip Glosses. Now, as lovely as the lipsticks are to apply and they are moisturising, I must say I'm dissapointed by their staying power, especially for their price. I particularly noticed the fading with the two darker colours, Red Door Red and Ultra Violet. The other two colours I didn't notice it with as much, Dessert Rose which has quite a sparkle to it and my favourite Breathless which is a slightly darker, rosier version of my natural lip. The pocket sized lip glosses are lovely.. and they taste great! They aren't too sticky and the darker one, Passion Fruit, leaves a nice bit of colour unlike most lip glosses. The lighter shade is Precious Petal, it doesn't have much colour but it does leave a nice shine.

Wow! The All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover is fantastic. It removes even waterproof makeup with ease and doesn't require you to scrub at your skin. The oily texture leaves the eye area soothed and it doesn't sting either unlike some makeup removers.


This set was such a beautiful gift and I absolutely love my new beauty products, plus I got three super cute brushes with it and a stunning red vanity case.

Do you use any Elizabeth Arden products?



No comments:

Post a Comment