24 January 2015

Gorgeous Views & Vintage Shops.


I have had the most wonderful day today in Matlock, Derbyshire with my partners mum, her friend and auntie. We started off by doing The High Tor which is a lovely, but steep, walk through the countryside. The views are beautiful and we were so lucky with the picturesque snow on the ground. I dressed sensible but couldn't resist adding that touch of glamour.. hooray for the sunshine.


So, I knew I needed to wear my Next Clearance wellies, £4 and a decent coat.. bring out the Berghaus. This coat isn't the most glamorous but it's not too bad, it fits nicely and I like the grey and silver detailing, plus its super sensible, warm and waterproof. From there I just wore whatever I felt like. I went for black wet look jeans, Newlook, a plain vest covered up by my mottled grey turtle neck from River Island and then on top of that, but hidden by the coat, was my plain black work cardi.


I detailed my outfit with natural make-up which included Elizabeth Ardens Beautiful Colour Moisturising Lipstick in Breathless, a simple half up half down hair do, pinned back with a small clip to keep my hair off my face and a pair of silver aviators from Urban Outfitters.

After our walk we went and looked around all the vintage and antique stores, something I haven't done before. In the first one we went in I found a copy of The Tatler Magazine, dated April 1957 for £8.50, which Freddie's Mum treated me to. This beautiful magazine is in great condition and features exquisite fifties fashion, french debutantes and the queen. If you know me, you'll be aware of how much I love the fifties and the sheer elegance that surrounds it. This magazine is a lovely and interesting find, particularly as it informs me of what was happening on April 19th 1957, my birthday.


These shops are simply wonderful and hold so much history that I could barely contain my excitement. The jewellery, the clothes, the hats, the suitcases, the typewriters and my personal favourite the cameras, were all so fascinating I could have spent all day in there. I definitely think that this is the start of some serious collecting for me as I already cant wait to get my hands on some more magazines and will hopefully go back to Matlock soon and pick up some of the vintage cameras.

We finished our perfect day at a little cafe where I had a delicious jam scone.


Where are your favourite places to visit?



No comments:

Post a Comment