26 January 2015

Little Red Dress.


Shopping. I love it. I could spend hours looking around stores at all their clothes, shoes, accessories, beauty products, ornaments, anything and everything really. I also love getting dressed up for shopping. As I've mentioned before I don't get to dress up for my job so at the weekends I like to make the most of it.

For this shopping trip I decided to where my Topshop Shift Dress, £45, which with the right shoes and accessories will take you from day, to evening, to night. It's a very versatile dress and I just love the fit and colour.


So, to make this dress suitable for shopping and lunch I decided to team it with my Dune, Real Leather Thigh High Boots, £159, not the cheapest I know but they are great quality and look absolutely stunning, a pair of plain black tights, my Longline Primark Blazer, Plain Black H&M Shoulder Bag and my Ralph Lauren Sunglasses, again not the cheapest, but sunglasses like these are going to last you a good few years, so why not treat yourself.

When I'm shopping I don't like heavy makeup, especially when the sun is shining, so to create a thinner foundation and add that glow, I simply mixed my Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation with a pea sized amount of Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser.

Right, my hair didn't go exactly as planned. I used my straighteners to curl it, then when I brushed them through they went slightly larger than usual so I simply used my fingers to push it over to one side and then gave it a spritz with some hairspray. This isn't a style I would usually do, but after pinning it to one side and trying it on with the evening dress I found, I think I may try to recreate it this Friday.

I was lucky enough to my dress in the first shop I went in, but that of course meant I just had to continue looking around the other stores to make my trip worth while and in the process ended up picking up a few more treats. 


Keep an eye on my blog to find out what's in these bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment