13 January 2015

Think Happy Thoughts.



So, last week was a really tough week for me and a really horrible start to the new year as I had to say goodbye to my dog, Pippin, my best friend of 15 years. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I am so happy that he was in my life for such a long time and that I have so many great memories of him. That got me thinking, I need to be more positive in life and focus on the good.

Now, unless you know me really well then I come across as a very positive person always smiling and encouraging others to do their best. However, I am a dweller and an over analyser with a very overactive imagination, so I have decided to create a jar of happy thoughts to encourage me to focus on the good.

The idea of this jar, for me anyway, is basically whenever something good happens, makes me smile  or laugh or whenever I have a moment of gratefulness I simply write it down and pop it in the jar. Writing that moment of happiness down helps me remember it more and focus on the good not the bad, then whenever I am having a bad day I can simply look at how many happy moments I've had so far this year and if it's a really bad day I can read a few of them to cheer myself up.

My jar contains everything from a good party to people telling me they read my blog, from booking a holiday to having great people in my life. There are no rules to my jar, except one... Think Happy Thoughts.

This is such a simple idea and doesn't require a lot of time or money. The jar was from home bargains a while ago, the ribbon was off a cake and the white paper can be picked up from anywhere. It looks super cute in my window and every morning when I open my curtains it reminds me to think positive. 

I hope you like this idea.

I love you little fella
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment