7 January 2015

Lipsticks.. Save. Spend. Splurge.


Finding the perfect lipstick can be hard, you want the right colour that's going to last without going flakey and drying out your lips, chapped lips are not attractive, and you want it at a good price. So I got out my lipsticks, tested them all and here are my top three at a Save, Spend and Splurge.

Save: Natural Collection Lipstick £1.99 at Boots.
At a price like this it's hard to criticise, but its also hard due to the fact that this super cheap lipstick is actually rather good. In the darker colours this lipstick goes on really well, it doesn't cake up and it makes your lips feel and look soft. It is quite wear resistant however, when you're eating and drinking, it can start to fade in the centre and you may look like you've just drawn around the edges. The lighter colours in this range aren't as great as the darker ones as not much colour shows and it can tend to just be visible in areas that are chapped.

Spend: SEVENTEEN Stay Pout Lipstick £4.49 at Boots.
With this product being available at Boots, you will probably be able to find it as part of an offer, saving you a bit of money. I have used SEVENTEEN lipsticks for a very long time and I must say I do still like them. Unfortunately, once again the lighter colours aren't that great,  they're quite shiny so there's not much colour, so I am just going to skip that part and talk to you about the darker colours. They go on brilliantly, they're very true to colour and have just the right amount of shine. They make my lips feel very soft and it lasts a good amount of time, for the price I am happy to reapply that little bit more often than perhaps needed with more expensive brands.

Splurge: MAC Lipstick £15.50 at MAC Stores.
I love, love, love, MAC lipsticks and they come in so many different colours! Though being quite a bit more money than drug store brands, they're definitely worth it. They go on brilliantly, they're extremely long lasting and all their colours look fantastic on. Even my personal favourite YASH, which is in matte, doesn't look or feel dry. If you've not used MAC lipsticks before I would definitely recommend trying them out, even if you only buy one or two just to use for special occasions.

These three brands all have wonderful lipsticks and I personally like them all but I have to say although more money, MAC get first place off me.

The two that didn't make the cut. I also own Barry M Lip Paint (£4.49) and Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Moisturizing Lipstick (£21). The only colour I use by Barry M is the red which is long lasting and goes on quite nicely, as for the other colours, although fairly long lasting, can appear very caked on. As for those by Elizabeth Arden, as lovely as they go on and don't dry out your lips for the price they don't last as long as I'd like.

I hope this was helpful and I'd love to know which lipsticks you like best?



No comments:

Post a Comment