6 February 2015

Champagne & Celebrities.


Last Friday I had the pleasure of accompanying my partners Mum to a Black Tie Charity Auction with a Caribbean theme. We had a wonderful time, dancing, drinking champagne and meeting a few celebrities. It was a fantastic evening that raised both money and awareness for Rainbows Children's Hospice.

Me and William Roache, aka Ken Barlow from Coronation Street.
Me and Andy Abraham who won 2nd place on the X-factor in 2005.
An event like this of course required a new dress, something elegant and formal yet still stylish and fun. Luckily for me as soon as I walked into Lipsy (bag no.3) there it was, the perfect dress; Black with silver running through it, floor length, a split up the side, £65.. I was in love

This dress is a stretchy fit so it hugs the figure perfectly and the front wrap hinds any overindulgence. The v-neck is low, but no too low that you can't wear a bra and the side split shows just the right amount of leg. The sleeves were wider when I purchased this dress but as I only have small shoulders it kept slipping down, a few stitches though and this was fixed immediately. As stunning as this dress is I will warn you the back is not lined like the front is, it's not see through but you may see lumps, bumps and panty lines.


I accessorised my dress with plain black peep toe stilettos, Pandora earrings, Pandora ring and Tiffany bracelet. My hair was loosely scraped to one side and held with pins, which I then hid with a sparkly hair comb, and then softly curled with GHD straighteners. My makeup was a similar routine to to the one from my Hollywood Glamour night, except as my hair was down I opted for black khol liner on the bottom lash line, bolder false eyelashes and a darker lip.

Dress - High Neck Version, £65
Shoes - Similar Here, £65
Clutch - Similar Here, £10
Earrings - Same here, £45
Ring - Same here, £145
Bracelet - Same here, £130
Eyelashes - Same here, £5.49
Eyeliner - Similar here, £16.50
Lipstick - Select Cosmo, £15.50

I love getting dressed up for events like this, do you?



No comments:

Post a Comment