18 February 2015

Fifty Shades Of Grey, Fashion & Film.


First the film. Now I'm going to be honest I didn't read the whole book, only the first 11 chapters, then I got addicted to Netflix. So me being me decided to just wait till the film came out. With so much hype surrounding it I wasn't sure what to expect all I knew is that I was extremely happy to have Jamie Dornan playing Mr Grey. I was unsure however about the casting of Dakota Johnson for Anastasia, she just wasn't what I'd pictured and in the first scene this didn't change but by the end I loved her, Jamie and Dakota had amazing chemistry and made it more of a story about love and commitments not just sex.. Though there was plenty of that too!

Even having only read 11 chapters I did notice parts missing and scenes done differently but I wouldn't say that it's a bad thing, the film worked well just the way it was and the actors made it their own. I won't go into any more detail for those of you that haven't watched it but I really did enjoy this film and would happily watch it again, it had something for everyone.


 Now for the fashion. Cheesy as it is I decided I was going to wear grey for this occasion. The bottoms were asda joggers that have simply been cut off  then take up, comfier and much cheaper than the ones in the shops. To smarten this outfit up I went for my loose fit white shirt then added the checked scarf to blend the colours.

 Next I wanted heels to lengthen my legs but they needed to be chunky to match the style of the outfit, so these black block heeled ones were perfect. I then used my black hobo bag to go with the black shoes and also because it matched the slouchy yet smart style of this outfit.

I accessorised with Barry M Nail Polish in Grey, silver Marc Jacobs watch and then my Pandora bangle, Thomas Sabo chain and Tiffany bracelet.


Bottoms - Similar here, £35.99
Shirt - Similar here, £28
Scarf - Similar here, £14
Shoes - Similar here, £58
Bag - Similar here, £19.99
--------------
Watch - Same here, £165
Pandora Bangle - Same here, £55
Thomas Sabo Chain - Same here, £35
Tiffany Bracelet -  Same here, £130

This outfit was so comfy for a meal, followed by the cinema and though different to my usual outfits, I still felt myself in it.

What do you think of this different look?



No comments:

Post a Comment