12 February 2015

The Camel Coat.


 My second day with Jess was spent helping her buy new things for our night out whilst I window shopped. Frugal February isn't as hard as I thought, but I'm still counting down the days till I can buy something new. My list of saved items on ASOS is ridiculously long.

It was a pretty cold day and most of Nottingham's stores and restaurants require an outdoor walk so I decided I was going to wear my stunning New Look Camel coat. Camel is the 'It' colour at the moment and goes with most skin tones and hair colours. Hooray! I then based the rest of my outfit around the coat. 

I wanted the coat to be the focus point of my outfit and I'm not one for lots of colours anyway, so I decided to go for my new black Topshop boots. They're comfy, flat and keep my feet warm so I thought they would be perfect for a day of walking around town. I then chose to wear my black skinny jeans, and my white, oversized, boyfriend shirt. Again keeping the colours to a minimum.

The style of the coat is smart yet casual so can be dressed up or down. With this particular outfit, which is rather casual, I think the coat adds that needed touch of elegance and sophistication by adding shape to the loose fit top. The colour of the coat also helps to brighten up the outfit.

I accessorised with my black H&M hobo bag and Ralph Lauren sunglasses.

Jeans - Same here, £22.99
Shirt - Similar here, £28
Coat - Similar here, £70
Leather Chelsea Boots - Similar here, £39.99
Bag - Similar here, £30
Sunglasses - Similar here, £118

I was so warm and comfy for shopping and lunch in this outfit whilst still feeling dressed up. We had a lovely day and enjoyed some delicious food at Zizzi. If you've not been before its an Italian restaurant and I highly recommend it. My favourite dishes are the Garlic Bread with Mozzarella, Ravioli Di Capra and the Penne Della Casa. I also hear the Pizzas and Calzones are incredible, unfortunately I am yet to try them.

Are you loving Camel as much as me? I'd love to know!



No comments:

Post a Comment