26 March 2015

Clean Eat Oat Cookies #JTH


How yummy do these look? Not only do they look and taste good they're also super healthy too with a very quick, simple and cheap recipe.

I love to bake cakes and cookies but when I'm trying to be healthy I tend not to as I'm guaranteed to eat the majority of them, so this recipe not only lets me bake but it also satisfies my sweet tooth and allows me to eat the whole batch without feeling guilty!

You will need...
1 Banana
Rolled Oats
Handblender or Normal Blender

 Optional, but seriously scrumptious...
Honey
Cinnamon
Raisins
Ginger Root

Unhealthy but oops...
I added too much ginger so used some galaxy chocolate to sweeten them up.

-------------------------------

#step 1
Blend one banana and then add enough oats so that the mixture sticks together and isn't runny

#step 2
I halved by mixture and added a drop of honey, half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a handful of raisins to one and then added honey and just over half a teaspoon of grated ginger root to the other (was slightly too strong even for me so would advise using less)

#step 3
Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to a greased or non stick tray and flatten. Bake in the oven till lightly golden and hard(ish) to the touch. Approx 15/20 minutes gas mark 6/7.


This recipe is so quick and easy and leaves you with delicious chewy cookies, which don't taste like banana by the way. I always have these ingredients in meaning I can bake them whenever I fancy. Other ingredients I have added include blueberries, raspberries and dark choc chips, but cinnamon and raisins are by far my favourite.

What flavour do you think I should try next?



No comments:

Post a Comment