7 April 2015

A Beautiful Day In Matlock.


As a child I went to Matlock a lot, walking, visiting the caves and spending time in the sweet shops and arcades. Now that I'm older that's changed I love to go there and explore the antique stores and local shops, as supporting local businesses is such an important thing and you often find much nicer and unique items. Matlock is a beautiful place and it's perfect for a day out no matter what your age.

This bank holiday weekend the weather has been a bit temperamental we've had wind, rain and sun so I wanted an outfit that would be suitable no matter what. This gorgeous grey and nude knitted wrap was just £20 in the Next sale and I love how it can be dressed up or down and worn come rain or sun. On this occasion I tried to dress it up a bit wearing my new River Island hat with gold buckle detailing and having my hair in a chic yet simple updo. 


Black is always effortlessly glam and with the colours and pattern in the shawl I could get away with wearing it head to toe. This ASOS turtle neck dress top with side splits is gorgeous and I cant wait to share it with you a little bit more at a later date but for now all you need to know is that it actually has short sleeves and I have simple worn a long sleeved black top underneath in order to keep me warmer and also create the impression that it is a long sleeved turtle neck top. I completed my outfit with black skinny jeans, my thigh high boots and a small gold skull necklace. These boots may not have been cheap but they were definitely worth the money, I wear them loads!

--------------------------------
Wrap - Similar here, £12
Top - Same here, £16
Jeans - Similar here, £22.99
Boots - Same here, £159
Bag - Similar here, £7.99
Necklace - Similar here, £12
--------------------------------


I had great day exploring all the shops and found lots of amazing things like old binoculars, cameras, toys, typewriters and prams, we also had fun at the aquarium and enjoyed a delicious slice of tiffin at a little cafe. Whilst all the stores in Matlock are lovely I would like to give a special mention to Magpie Antiques & Collectables a gorgeous shop with friendly staff who were happy to help with taking a few photos for my blog, if you're ever in Matlock make sure you pay them a visit.

I of course couldn't leave without buying a few things and treated myself to some bathbombs from Talisman, some Joint Pain Relief from Dad's Bees and some gorgeous Helena Rudkin Earrings, all of which you can expect to see on my blog soon.


Thanks for the picture Magpie Antiques!



No comments:

Post a Comment