5 April 2015

The MUA's £1 Lipstick.


First of all lets just stop for a moment and appreciate the fact that these lipsticks are only £1, that means that I got four lipsticks for just £4. Thank you Make-up Academy! Now we've all established that these are a total steal let's have a look at the product.

First, the packaging. With their clean, simple, modern and very stylish look these lipsticks do not look cheap at all and I would say look in the price range of £7-£10, I know its whats inside that counts but nobody wants to be seen applying an ugly looking lipstick. One of the features I love about this product is that I can easily see which lipstick I am picking up as not only do the normal lipsticks come in black and the matte lipsticks in white but each one has their colour at the bottom. This is a downside to the MAC and Elizabeth Arden range as I am forever rummaging through reading silly little labels to find the one I want.

Now for the product it self. I picked the MUA lipsticks up in four shades that I thought would be suitable for spring, two normal and two matte. The first is Peachy Keen in Matte which is very subtle and I think would look lovely if you was already wearing a brightly coloured top. The second is Nectar, a brighter and shinier version of Peachy Keen, it is a lovely pinky/orange colour that would look gorgeous if you wear wearing a crisp white top or blazer. Third is Scarlett Siren in Matte, this is probably my favourite colour as though it looks almost pillar box red, upon application it is much pinker which goes well with my olive skin. I shall be wearing this with monochrome outfits. Finally is Shade 11, I'm not sure why it doesn't have a name but it is very similar to my favourite MAC lipstick, Cosmo, a darker shade of my natural lip so perfect for wearing with most outfits.


The matte lipsticks require several more coats than your pricier lipsticks in order to become visible and are slightly drier, but with a touch of Vaseline underneath and in the summer months when lips are much less chapped I don't think it will cause much of a problem. Although I would be careful with Scarlett Siren as if you go over the same area too many times it seems to fade, which in such a bright colour can be quite noticeable. The normal lipsticks go on very well and Shade 11 is almost and exact dupe of MAC Cosmo, the only difference is that my MAC one does last longer, though for £15.50 I should hope it does!

If you suffer from chapped lips I would suggest staying away from the matte ones and go for the medium to dark shades of the normal lipsticks, as with most brands lighter coloured lipsticks highlight dry areas.

For just £1 from Superdrug these Make-Up Academy lipsticks are worth checking out and I will definitely be buying some more as well as having a look at the other products they sell.

------------------
------------------

Have you tried the MUA lipsticks?



No comments:

Post a Comment